LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:46 am
As a reminder, this is part of the second of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 32
Elven - 21
Gandalf - 34
Gollum - 10
Orc - 42
Sauron - 30
Shire - 17
White - 14

0 Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Remove a Shire token to stack a Shire card from hand on a Shire condition.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard a card stacked on your Shire condition to reinforce a Shire token (or 2 Shire tokens if that card is a site).
’Maybe Barrel was your pony’s name; and maybe not...’
H2 R 170

1 Go On In Shire
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Spot a Shire companion to stack up to 2 Shire events from your hand (or 1 Shire event from your discard pile) on a Shire condition.
’I suppose you will all stay to supper?’ he said in his politest unpressing tones.
H2 C 171

1 Here’s the Burglar Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to wound a minion skirmishing a Shire or Dwarven companion twice.
Bless me, how they jumped! Then they shouted with surprise and delight.
H2 R 172

1 Hobbit Hole Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Shire event and there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, you may stack that event here.
Fellowship: Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take all Free Peoples cards stacked here into hand. Discard this condition.
Not a nasty, dirty wer hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell...
H2 C 173

1 Investigator Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must replace the current site with a site from their adventure deck. Then, you may stack the replaced site on a Shire condition.
’Now I will make you an offer. I have got my ring and will creep down this very noon... and see what he is up to. Perhaps something will turn up.’
H2 U 174

0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number ’X’. Then, reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. If X is the number of sites with a Shadow number of 2 or more, you may Lock a Shadow card until the regroup phase. If it does not, Lock The One Ring until the regroup phase.
’I am the Ring-winner and the Luckwearer...’
H2 U 175

1 New Master Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here, then reinforce a Shire token for each Shire condition in your support area with a card stacked on it.
Skirmish: If a Shire Ring-bearer is skirmishing, remove 2 tokens from here to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
... suddenly his hand met what felt like a tiny ring of cold metal...
H2 R 176

0 Pleasant Memories Shire
Event • Maneuver
Take into hand any number of Shire events stacked on the same Shire condition. You may take the next maneuver action.
... [he] fell to thinking of his far-distant hobbit-hole with its beautiful pantries.
H2 C 177

1 Puzzle Shire
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert Bilbo to stack that event here.
Response: If a card is played with the same title as a card stacked here, spot a Hobbit and discard this condition to cancel that card’s effects and place it beneath its owner’s draw deck.
’You may walk unseen, but you did not walk all the way.’
H2 R 178

1 Riddling Talk Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent who must name a number ’X’. Then, reveal 3 random cards from your adventure deck. If X is the number of sites with a Shadow number of 1 or less, they may replace a site on the site path with a site from their adventure deck. If it does not, you may make a minion strength -4 until the regroup phase.
No dragon can resist the temptation of riddling talk...
H2 U 179

1 Sitting and Thinking Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits).
When you play this condition, you may add a Shire token here for each stacked site.
Regroup: Remove a token here to draw a card.
Now he had become the real leader in their adventure. He had begun to have ideas and plans of his own.
H2 C 180

0 Tempting Luck Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Hobbit and discard a Shire condition (or a card stacked on a Shire condition) to play a Shire condition on that Hobbit from your draw deck or discard pile.
’Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!’ he said to himself...
H2 C 181

1 Thief in the Shadows Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo to choose a Shadow player who must reveal 3 random sites from their adventure deck. Then, you may make the Shadow player choose one of those sites which you may stack on a Shire condition.
’Well, thief! I smell you and I feel your air. I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself again, there is plenty and to spare!’
H2 C 182

1 • Tight Place Shire
Condition • Support Area
Shire events may be played from this condition as if from hand.
Fellowship: If there are no Free Peoples cards stacked here, spot Bilbo to stack a Free Peoples card here from hand.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard a card stacked here and stack a card from your hand here.
... Hobbits are not quite like ordinary people...
H2 U 183

1 Time’s Up Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to choose a Shadow player who must discard their hand unless that player discards a maneuver event from their hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
He tried to sound bold and cheerful, but he did not feel at all sure how the game was going to end...
H2 R 184

1 Unlost Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to heal him or a Dwarf twice.
’I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don’t know where I am, and I don’t want to know, if only I can get away.’
H2 U 185

1 Warrior’s Work Shire
Event • Skirmish
Discard a Shire condition borne by a Hobbit to wound a minion he or she is skirmishing.
It was a terrible battle... Actually, I may say he put on his ring early on in the business and vanished from sight...
H2 U 186

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:44 pm; edited 13 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 • Bilbo, Burglar Extraordinaire Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Str: 3
Vit: 4
(Res): 8
Ring-bound.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you may add a threat to discard a Shadow possession borne by a character.
’If I say he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is, or will be when the time comes..’
H1 R 246

While you can spot 3 locked characters bilbo is strength +2?

1 Unlost Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to heal him (or a Dwarf) twice.
’I have lost the dwarves and I have lost the wizard, and I don’t know where I am, and I don’t want to know, if only I can get away.’
H2 U 185

Dangerous as hell, fairr enough if u want to risk it.

Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to wound a minion skirmishing a Shire or Dwarven companion.
H2 R 172

Possibly needs a bit more for locking the ring.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 am
lem0nhead wrote:
While you can spot 3 locked characters bilbo is strength +2?

That idea is exceedingly interesting. Thanks, and have a GP while I mull it over and see any other opinions.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possibly needs a bit more for locking the ring.

Changed to wounding twice. Good?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I like lem0n’s idea for Bilbo. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
1 Unlost Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to heal him (or a Dwarf) twice.
H2 U 185

Not sure if the parenthesis are necessary or not. I’d lean "not".

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo wearing The One Ring and Lock it until the regroup phase to wound a minion skirmishing a Shire or Dwarven companion twice.
H2 R 172

I’d allow you to choose either exerting twice or wounding once.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:11 am
Okay, Bilbo is changed accordingly (though to 4 characters so that it’s 3 not including himself). And it ties in brilliantly with the Shire cards from the White Council.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:14 am
Nice Batch!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
beautiful! GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Now we move on from culture crossing specifically to a more general Bilbo strategy, expounding on the main theme from the last set, that of Riddles. The first thing to know is that riddle is unloaded. The second thing to know is that all of my previous riddles have involved either cards in your opponent’s hand or on the top of their draw deck, or cards in your own hand. These two are rather different:

0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number ’X’. Then, reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. If X is the number of sites with a Shadow number of 2 or more, you may Lock a Shadow card until the regroup phase. If it does not, Lock The One Ring until the regroup phase.
H2 U 175

1 Riddling Talk Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent who must name a number ’X’. Then, reveal 3 random cards from your adventure deck. If X is the number of sites with a Shadow number of 1 or less, they may replace a site on the site path with a site from their adventure deck. If it does not, you may make a minion strength -4 until the regroup phase.
H2 U 179

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:41 am
Thranduil wrote:

Thanks for the gold, glad you liked the idea. Very Happy

0 Lovely Titles Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from their adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 2 or more, you may Lock a Shadow card until the regroup phase. If it does not, Lock The One Ring until the regroup phase.
H2 U 175

Name a number X would be easier to phrase it all. E.g. If x is equal to the... Risky as heck Thran, its a good card but i wouldnt use it, too dangerous. Messing with the ring seems inherently wrong. Nothing could affect ther powers of the ring, it should stay that way really imho.

1 Riddling Talk Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal 3 random cards from your adventure deck. If the named number matches the number of sites with a Shadow number of 1 or less, they may replace a site on the site path with a site from their adventure deck. If it does not, you may make a minion strength -4 until the regroup phase.
H2 U 179

Cool.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:47 pm
I found these riddles a bit wordy to be honest, can I suggest something more along the lines of:

Choose a site from your adventure deck and a Shadow player to choose a number. Then reveal the site. If the number is the same...

Does that seem better to you?

Also, what happens if the player doesn’t have any sites left in their deck (whether you do it my way or your way)?

Anvar

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards