LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:02 am
As a reminder, this is part of the second of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 32
Elven - 21
Gandalf - 34
Gollum - 10
Orc - 42
Sauron - 30
Shire - 17
White - 14

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 5 Orc minions and discard 3 cards from hand to place an unbound companion skirmishing one of those minions in the dead pile.
Soon the attackers... were forced into a great ring... hemmed all about with goblins and wolves...
H2 R 98

4 • Bodyguard of Bolg Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 13
Vit: 2
Sit: 4
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Each Orc Orc is vitality +1 for each site stacked on them.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to stack a site from your adventure deck on your Orc Orc.
The bodyguard of Bolg came howling against them, and drove in upon their ranks like waves upon cliffs of sand.
H2 R 99

5 • Bolg, Scourge of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
Vit: 1
While Bolg has at least 2 vitality, he is strength +4.
While Bolg has at least 3 vitality, your Orc mounts cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
While Bolg has at least 4 vitality, each Orc Warg and mounted Orc Orc is fierce.
’Bolg of the North is coming!’
H2 R 100

1 Cunning Trick Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot a companion skirmishing an Orc minion to draw a card for each wound on that companion. Then, if that companion bears an artifact, you may draw an additional card.
Goblins had scaled the Mountain from the other side...
H2 U 101

3 Devouring Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Sit: 5
Skirmish: Spot 3 Orc minions and remove 5 (or 3 if you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures) to wound a companion this minion is skirmishing.
... the Wargs had no intention of going away...
H2 R 102

3 Divided Fellowship Orc
Event • Shadow
Toil 1.
Spot an Orc mount to draw a card for each Free Peoples culture you can spot. The Free Peoples player may Lock a companion of each of those cultures until the regroup phase to prevent this.
’I am betrayed,’ he said. ’It was rightly guessed...’
H2 U 102

1 Edge of the Wild Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
When you play this condition, you may stack a random site from your opponent’s adventure deck on your Orc card.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here and remove 2 to make an Orc minion damage +1.
The Wild was still the Wild...
H2 R 103

1 Forging and Arming Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Orc card.
Each Orc Orc is ambush 1 for each site stacked on them.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here to draw a card.
H2 U 104

4 Frenzied Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 10
Each time this minion is assigned to skirmish a character with X wounds, you may spot an Orc Orc to add [X].
Maddened and angry they were... cursing the dwarves in their horrible language...
H2 C 105

3 Furious Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 8
Skirmish: Place 2 cards from hand beneath your draw deck to add 2.
... he leaped in the air ten feet, and then rushed round and round the circle biting and snapping...
H2 C 106

0 Goblin Axe Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Vit: +1
Bearer must be an Orc Orc with vitality 1.
Skirmish: Place 2 cards from your hand beneath your draw deck to make bearer strength +3.
... goblins can climb trees, or cut them down.
H2 C 107

3 Goblin Banner-Bearer Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
Their banners were countless, black and red...
H2 U 108

3 Goblin Brigand Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
To play, spot an Orc minion and discard 2 cards from hand.
When you play this minion, you may spot a companion to draw a card for each wound on that companion.
The goblins gathered again in the valley.
H2 U 109

3 Goblin Cavalry Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +2.
While this minion has at least 4 vitality, it is ambush 2.
’The Goblins are upon you!’
H2 C 110

2 Goblin Commander Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
Skirmish: Discard a card from hand to make an Orc Orc with 3 or more vitality strength +1.
Skirmish: Discard a card from hand to make an Orc Orc with 5 or more vitality strength +2.
’There is a shadow by the door. Something is outside!’
H2 C 111

3 • Goblin Desecrator Orc
Minion • Orc
Archery: Make this minion vitality -1 to make the minion archery total +1.
... they hastened right after night through the mountains...
H2 R 112

4 Goblin Despoiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
To play, discard a card from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player discard 1 Free Peoples card from play for each Free Peoples culture you can spot over 2.
Not even the ravens knew of their coming...
H2 R 113

4 Goblin Horde Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 9
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +3.
While this minion has at least 4 vitality, it is ambush 2.
While this minion has at least 5 vitality, it is damage +1.
... they came on like a tide in fury and disorder.
H2 U 114

3 Goblin Invader Orc
Minion • Orc
Regroup: If this minion is not exhausted, discard it to prevent the Free Peoples player from reconciling this turn. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 cards from hand to prevent this.
... for they resolved now to win the dominion of the North.
H2 R 115

3 • Goblin Marauder Orc
Minion • Orc
At the start of each skirmish involving an Orc Orc with 4 or more vitality, you may draw a card.
The hatred of their race for the dwarves had been rekindled to fury...
H2 U 116

2 Goblin Outrider Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 2 vitality, it is ambush 2.
These were the swiftest wolf-riders, and already their cries and howls rent the air afar.
H2 C 117

2 Goblin Soldier Orc
Minion • Orc
Skirmish: Remove 3 to draw a card.
Goblins had scaled the Mountain from the other side and already many were on the sloped above the Gate...
H2 C 118

3 Goblin Wolf-Master Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play an Orc mount from your draw deck.
Shadow: Exert this minion twice to play an Orc Warg from your draw deck.
There a host of Wargs came ravening and with them came the bodyguard of Bolg...
H2 U 119

2 Goblin Wolf-Rider Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 2 vitality, it is strength +2.
’They ride upon wolves, and Wargs are om their train!’
H2 C 120

2 Great Raid Orc
Event • Shadow
Toil 1.
Spot 2 Orc mounts to draw a card for each Orc Orc you can spot. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 of their conditions from play to prevent this.
... [they] came thus at last on a sudden from the North...
H2 C 121

3 Great Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
Str: +2
Vit: +3
Bearer must be an Orc Orc. Bearer cannot be exerted.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard a card from hand to prevent it.
... the goblin army had gathered behind the resisted vanguard, and poured now in rage into the valley...
H2 R 122

1 Headlong Charge Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot 2 Orc minions to play up to 2 Orc minions stacked on Orc conditions.
... others were streaming down recklessly, heedless of those that fell screaming from cliff and precipice...
H2 C 123

2 Howl of Fury Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exhaust an Orc Orc. For each wound placed in this way, make that Orc gain terror 1 until the regroup phase.
Victory seemed at hand, when a cry rang out on the heights above.
H2 R 124

3 Insatiable Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 7
Skirmish: Spot 5 twilight tokens and exert this minion twice to make a Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc fierce or damage +1 until the regroup phase.
... with their tongues hanging out and their eyes shining as red and fierce as the flames.
H2 U 125

1 Litter of Plunder Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc Troll.
At the start of each skirmish involving an Orc minion, you may discard an Orc possession to draw a card.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert an Orc Troll to draw a card.
There were bones on the floor and a nasty smell was in the air...
H2 U 126

1 Lost Ways Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot an Orc minion to choose one: stack a random site from your opponent’s adventure deck on your Orc card; or discard a stacked site.
... the roads out of the East towards Mirkwood vanished or fell into disuse...
H2 C 127

0 Rabid Host Orc
Event • Shadow
Exert an Orc Orc to play an Orc Warg or Orc mount from your discard pile.
There a host of Wargs came ravening...
H2 U 128

0 Raid and Plunder Orc
Event • Regroup
Spot an Orc minion to choose one: discard a site stacked on an Orc condition to stack a minion (from play or from hand) on it; or discard a minion stacked on an Orc condition to stack a site from your adventure deck on it.
H2 C 129

6 Rampagous Horde Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +2.
While this minion has at least 4 vitality, it is fierce.
While this minion has at least 5 vitality, it is terror 1.
H2 R 130

4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc vitality +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 3 or more vitality strength +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 4 or more vitality damage +1.
H2 R 131

0 Riding Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be an Orc Orc with printed vitality 2 or less.
Sometimes they rode on wolves like men do on horses...
H2 C 132

2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert it and remove 2 to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
... the commotion they made filled the forest.
H2 U 133

4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
While you can spot 5 twilight tokens, each non-exhausted Orc Warg (and mounted Orc Orc ) gains terror 1,
... there were howls all around them now, getting nearer and nearer.
H2 R 134

1 Sweeping Stroke Orc
Event • Skirmish
Exhaust an Orc Orc. For each wound placed in this way, make that Orc strength +2.
Then Azog with a swift stroke hewed his neck.
H2 U 135

2 Whirl of Bats Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Orc card.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here to make a companion skirmishing an Orc minion strength -1.
... still the great bats swirled about the heads and ears of elves and men...
H2 C 136

5 Wicked Beast Orc
Condition
Str: +5
Vit: +2
Bearer must be an Orc Warg.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is fierce.
You may remove 2 to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event.
Without warning a storm of howls broke out fierce and wild all about the camp.
H2 R 137

0 Wild Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
Str: +3
... many of their own wolves were turning upon them and rending the dead and the wounded.
H2 U 138

For quick reference to the Orc cards from last set (should you so wish), click here.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:25 pm; edited 19 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet! GP

EDIT: just saw EL’s comment cut it down to 4 minions and 2 cards or maybe 3 and 2
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:04 pm
Wierd thing is, you have to have 9 cards in hand to use this right (5 minions, the event, and the 3 to discard) so it’s really quite balanced.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:27 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Wierd thing is, you have to have 9 cards in hand to use this right (5 minions, the event, and the 3 to discard) so it’s really quite balanced.

I hadn’t ever thought of it like that!

sickofpalantirs wrote:
EDIT: just saw EL’s comment cut it down to 4 minions and 2 cards or maybe 3 and 2

I’d be weary of this considering how obscene the drawing swarm and the Trolls are at drawing cards, but I shall most definitely think over it.

As a quick example of solid card drawing for the Orc culture in this set:

1 Cunning Trick Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot a companion skirmishing an Orc minion to draw a card for each wound on that companion. Then, if that companion bears an artifact, you may draw an additional card.
H2 U 101

And to make sure this doesn’t get missed in reviews:

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 5 Orc minions and discard 3 cards from hand to place an unbound companion skirmishing one of those minions in the dead pile.
Soon the attackers... were forced into a great ring... hemmed all about with goblins and wolves...
H2 R 98

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:17 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Cunning Trick Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 U 101

Sweet.

And to make sure this doesn’t get missed in reviews:

Come now, im not sloppy, my reviews are thorough i wouldnt have missed it! Shame on you. Bad Thranduil. Shame on you

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 R 98

Sweeeeet kinda like beauty is fadinf but might actually work this time.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

As a quick example of solid card drawing for the Orc culture in this set:

1 Cunning Trick Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 U 101
I see...obscene indeed...

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 R 98

didn’t i just see this Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:14 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 Cunning Trick Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 U 101

Nice.

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
H2 R 98

Perfect. 5 minions + rule of 5 usually means that this card could kill the RB, so I would make it except the RB.

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:44 am
Now, a major theme of this set which ties in with the obscene drawing, is mounts for our lovely goblins. So, let’s have them:

0 Riding Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
H2 C 133

0 Wild Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
... many of their own wolves were turning upon them and rending the dead and the wounded.
H2 U 138

3 Great Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard a card from hand to prevent it.
... the goblin army had gathered behind the resisted vanguard, and poured now in rage into the valley...
H2 R 123

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:38 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Now, a major theme of this set which ties in with the obscene drawing, is mounts for our lovely goblins. So, let’s have them:

0 Riding Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
H2 C 133
cool!

0 Wild Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
H2 U 138
I guess. maybe or one random card

3 Great Wolf Orc
Possession • Mount
H2 R 123

make it at random IMHO well then again, he won’t really NEED to stop wounds that much with +3 vitality
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:37 pm
Nice batch. Thumbs Up

Sorry I don’t have time for an in-depth review, but I’m kinda pressed for time right now and they look good.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards