LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the second of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 32
Elven - 21
Gandalf - 34
Gollum - 10
Orc - 42
Sauron - 30
Shire - 17
White - 14

1 Barren Lands Sauron
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot Smaug and discard a Shadow card from play. For each site stacked on that Shadow card, discard a condition from play.
There was little grass, and before long there was neither bush nor tree, and only broken and blackened stumps to speak of ones long vanished.
H2 R 140

1 Beastly Tunnel Sauron
Event • Response
If a Free Peoples event is played, exert Smaug to cancel its effects (and end the current phase if it was a Shire event).
The light from the door, almost closed, soon faded as he went down.
H2 R 141

0 Befouled Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot Smaug to choose one: stack a random site from a player’s adventure deck on your Shadow card; or discard a stacked site.
Fire leaped from thatched roofs and wooden beam-ends as he hurtled down and past and round again...
H2 C 142

1 Bewitchment Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot Smaug to heal up to 2 other minions (or heal each minion if you can spot 2 Elven companions).
On thinking things over he was now regretting some of the things he had said to the dragon, and was not eager to reveal them.
H2 C 143

2 Child of Ungoliant Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 7
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
To play, spot a Spider.
When you play this minion, you may reinforce a Gollum or Sauron token for each Locked character you can spot.
Suddenly he saw, too, that there were spiders huge and horrible sitting in the branches above him...
H2 C 144

1 • Children of Ungoliant Sauron
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, spot a Spider to add a Sauron token here.
Each time a Spider is killed, you may reinforce a Sauron or Gollum token.
Shadow: Remove 2 tokens from here to play a Spider stacked on a possession as if from hand.
Their voices were a sort of thin creaking and hissing...
H2 U 145

1 • Cobwebs Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Spider.
Shadow: Play a Sauron or Gollum possession to add a Sauron token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this card to Lock a companion skirmishing a Spider.
... dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H2 C 146

1 Danger Brooding Sauron
Event • Shadow
Exert Smaug to remove from the game 2 Free Peoples cards from an opponent’s discard pile (or place a Gandalf Wizard or Eagle from their discard pile in the dead pile).
They knew that they were drawing near to the end of their journey, and that it might be a very horrible ending.
H2 R 147

1 Desolation Sauron
Event • Skirmish
To play, spot Smaug and discard a Shadow card from play. For each site stacked on that Shadow card, make an unbound companion strength -2 (limit -4).
... they could see in the wide valley shadowed by the Mountain’s arms the grey ruins of ancient houses, towers and walls.
H2 U 148

0 Dire Menace Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play Smaug from your discard pile or hand. His twilight cost is -4 and he is strength -6 until the end of the turn.
Smaug left his lair in silent stealth, quietly soared into the air, and then floated heavy and slow in the dark like a monstrous crow...
H2 R 149

2 Dragon-Hoard Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Shadow card.
Shadow: Spot Smaug to and 3 sites stacked here to add 2. Discard this condition.
... he gazed motionless... at the gold beyond prize and count.
H2 C 150

1 Dragon-Spell Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked on a Shadow card to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Dragon.
If you can spot a Dragon at the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player must reveal their hand unless bearer exerts.
Whenever Smaug’s roving eye... flashed across him, he trembled...
H2 U 151

4 Enraged Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Vit: 3
This minion is strength +1 for each Locked character you can spot.
The spiders swelled with rage, and spluttered and frothed, and hissed out horrible curses...
H2 C 152

1 Fine Eating Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to transfer a Shadow card from your support area to an exhausted companion. Unless that card is a possession, it is Locked until the end of the game and cannot be Unlocked.
’It was a sharp struggle, but worth it,’ said one.
H2 R 153

1 Flickering Fires Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot Smaug and discard a site stacked on your Shadow card to choose one: add 3; draw a card; or exert a companion.
Flames unquenchable sprang high into the night.
H2 C 154

1 Frightful Guardian Sauron
Event • Regroup
Spot Smaug and discard a site stacked on your Shadow card to choose one: add a burden; discard a condition; or discard a follower.
He was just about to step out... when he caught a sudden thin and piercing ray of red from under the dropping lid of Smaug’s left eye.
H2 R 155

0 Good Juice Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a companion bearing X Shadow cards to make a Spider they are skirmishing strength +X.
’Aye, they’ll make fine eating, when they’re hung a bit,’ said another.
H2 C 156

1 • Long Threads Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Sauron or Gollum possession, you may exert X Spiders to make it’s twilight cost -X.
Shadow: Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to play a Gollum or Sauron possession from your discard pile.
... the spiders were beginning to weave their webs all round them again from tree to tree.
H2 U 157

3 Mirkwood Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Sauron or Gollum possession from your discard pile.
’We will eat you and leave your bones and skin hanging on a tree. Ugh!’
H2 R 158

1 Outburst of His Wrath Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot Smaug to make an opponent place 2 cards from their hand beneath their draw deck (or place their hand beneath their draw deck if you can spot 2 Gandalf Men).
He was breaking rocks to pieces, smashing wall and chill with the lashings of his huge tail...
H2 C 159

2 Perilous Waste Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may choose a site on the site path. The Free Peoples player must replace that site with a site from their adventure deck. Then you may stack the replaced site on your Shadow card.
While 4 sites are stacked here, wounds cannot be healed.
The land about them grew bleak and barren...
H2 U 160

0 Queer Noises Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a companion bearing X Shadow cards to make a Spider gain terror X until the regroup phase.
... grunts, scuttlings and hurryings in the undergrowth... but what made the noises he could not see.
H2 C 161

2 • Shadow of the Mountain Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may replace a site on the site path with a site from your adventure deck and stack the replaced site on your Shadow card.
Each minion is strength +1 for every 2 sites stacked here.
The Mountain lay dark and silent below them and ever higher above them.
H2 R 162

12 • Smaug, The Magnificent Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Str: 19
Vit: 5
Winged.
When you play Smaug, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Shadow card.
While you can spot 2 stacked sites, Smaug is strength +4.
While you can spot 4 stacked sites, Smaug is damage +1.
While you can spot 6 stacked sites, Smaug is terror 1.
While you can spot 8 stacked sites, Smaug is fierce.
... the trees by the shores shone like copper and like blood with leaping shadows...
H2 R 163

2 Spluttering Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 7
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove a threat to add 1 for each Locked character you can spot. The Free Peoples player may discard one of their possessions or artifacts to prevent this.
’Dont hang ’em too long... They’re not as fat as they might be.’
H2 U 164

0 Spout of Flame Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Exert Smaug to make the Free Peoples player wound a companion. You may do this again if you can spot 6 companions.
Fire leapt from the dragon’s jaws...
H2 U 165

1 Swarm of Moths Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Spider with terror X to make the Free Peoples player discard X Free Peoples possessions from play. They may Lock a companion skirmishing that Spider until the end of the turn to prevent this.
... thousands of dark-grey and black moths, some nearly as big as your hand...
H2 R 166

1 Tramp of Doom Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot Smaug to discard a possession (or discard 2 Dwarven possessions).
Another swoop and another, and another house and then another sprang afire and fell...
H2 C 167

0 Weary Flies Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Spider and a companion bearing X Shadow cards to Unlock X cards until the regroup phase.
Bilbo was nearly tired out, only four of the dwarves were able to stand firmly, and soon they would all be overpowered...
H2 C 168

4 • Wicked Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Vit: 3
Each Spider skirmishing a Locked companion is strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot 6 companions).
To the fattest of these bundles the spider went... and nipped hard at the nose that stuck out.
H2 R 169

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:26 pm; edited 17 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Dragon
Winged.
When you play Smaug, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Shadow card.
While you can spot 4 stacked sites, Smaug is fierce.
While you can spot 8 stacked sites, Smaug is damage +1.
... the trees by the shores shone like copper and like blood with leaping shadows...
H2 R 163

Thranduil

the last one is quite improbably... knock em all down by 1 IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 pm
I haven’t been around here in quite a while, and I want to jump in and review cards again, but please enlighten me Thranduil: If sites gets stacked on cards, what happens if you have to play the fellowship’s next site? I’d assume simply taking the site off one of your cards and putting it on the path, but don’t know for sure. Anyways, on with the review!

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Dragon
Winged.
H2 R 163

Woah, what can I say? The giant dragon looks as imposing as ever! I’d switch his fierce and damage +1 around, just a flip flop there and the rest looks great!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:33 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Dragon
Winged.
H2 R 163

The last one is so unlikely its not useful. He’s ok. The "multiple while you can spot" type of guys are alright but can be a bit too easy and boring and Smaug should be more of an interesting card than this.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:05 am
Foresight wrote:
I haven’t been around here in quite a while, and I want to jump in and review cards again, but please enlighten me Thranduil: If sites gets stacked on cards, what happens if you have to play the fellowship’s next site? I’d assume simply taking the site off one of your cards and putting it on the path, but don’t know for sure. Anyways, on with the review!

The only 2 clarifications I made to the site path are these:

1) Discarded sites return to their owner’s adventure deck

2) If a player cannot play the fellowship’s next site, their first opponent chooses a stacked site (belonging to any player) and places it next on the adventure path.

Great to have you back foresight!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:59 pm
Changed according to your suggestion FS. And SoP, I don’t want to lower the numbers because it counts your opponent’s sites, and it won’t be too difficult to do on your own, as you will see.

Thanks all for your reviews!

Now onto places for you to stack your sites:

2 Dragon-Hoard Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may stack a site from your adventure deck on your Shadow card.
Shadow: Spot Smaug to and 3 sites stacked here to add 2. Discard this condition.
H2 C 150

2 Perilous Waste Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may choose a site on the site path. The Free Peoples player must replace that site with a site from their adventure deck. Then you may stack the replaced site on your Shadow card.
H2 U 160

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
When you play this condition, you may replace a site on the site path with a site from your adventure deck and stack the replaced site on your Shadow card.
H2 R 162

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Dragon-Hoard Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
Shadow: Spot Smaug to add 1 for each site stacked here. Discard this condition.
H2 C 150
works for me

2 Perilous Waste Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
While 3 sites are stacked here, wounds cannot be healed.
H2 U 160
ouch...maybe 4 sites

2 Shadow of the Mountain Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
H2 R 162

works for me, but make it unique
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:08 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Dragon-Hoard Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
Shadow: Spot Smaug to add 1 for each site stacked here. Discard this condition.
H2 C 150

How is this not unique? You could flood the pool with this. Needs a •

2 Perilous Waste Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
H2 U 160

Ok i think i mustve missed something here, as these cards are insanely powerful and limited by stacking sites, yet the ease of stacking sites has so far been quite easy. Either tone abilites down or make it more sites.

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Smaug.
H2 R 162

Fair enough.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:14 am
lem0nhead wrote:
How is this not unique? You could flood the pool with this. Needs a •

My argument against this is that you have to have played Smaug for 12 to then play this condition for another 2.

lem0nhead wrote:
Ok i think i mustve missed something here, as these cards are insanely powerful and limited by stacking sites, yet the ease of stacking sites has so far been quite easy. Either tone abilites down or make it more sites.

Again, it costs at least 14 to play Smaug then one of these conditions stacking only 2 sites. The reason they’re powerful is that there aren’t going to be many sites you can actually stack as there needs to be a site path as well as each player only having 9. Also, if you can’t play the next site, your opponent can just unstack your site and play it instead, and there are a lot of cards coming up that discard sites.

I understand your worries. If you still think they’re too good, I will be happy to "tweak" them.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:32 am
I see your point about why theyre balanced, and ill probably concede on the latter two. But the first is still too good. You can play smaug and these over region 2 and have a twilight bomb set up for site 9 when u could flood it and mince the freeps. Condition discard wrecks it obviously but thats true of most decks. Id still be wary of it.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards